Serving the Nashville area since 1991, SkinMD is a medically supervised skin care center, specializing in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology – including all of the aesthetic treatments that erase the definitions of time.
Located in the heart of Belle Meade, the entire team at SkinMD is dedicated to excellence in patient care and education – providing the most advanced medical and cosmetic techniques. Comprehensive skin revitalization services are provided in a comfortable, medically controlled setting.
We know you have many choices when choosing a dermatologist, so we have made requesting an appointment a simple and convenient process via our Web site. If, for any reason you cannot keep a scheduled appointment, or will be delayed, please call us as soon as possible.
Insurance + Payments
COMMERCIAL INSURANCE PLANS:
As of May 15, 2019, SkinMD will no longer participate in commercial insurance plans. We are a direct-pay practice. That means that you pay cash for your visit. We will require payment for our services prior to your appointment. At the conclusion of your appointment, any remaining balance will need to be paid in-full. We will provide you with a completed HCFA form with all the necessary information for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement at their rates. If you HAVE met your deductible, your insurance company will reimburse you at their rate. If you HAVE NOT met your deducible, your payment will be applied toward your deductible.
GOVERNMENT INSURANCE PLANS:
SkinMD will continue to accept and bill through Medicare/Tricare.
Unfortunately, we DO NOT accept Medicaid or TNCare.
THE FOLLOWING TIPS WILL ASSIST YOU WITH INSURANCE INFORMATION:
• It is your responsibility to verify your benefits and con rm that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for your insurance plan. You may need to call the number on the back of your card directly to verify, as the website listing may be out of date.
• If a referral from your PCP is required, please verify that it has been sent by your PCP at least three days prior to your appointment. If your insurance card has your PCP’s name listed, it is more than likely that a referral will be required. If you still would like to be seen without a referral, you must assume full financial responsibility for the charges incurred on the day of your visit.
• Please bring a copy of your current insurance card to each visit.
• SkinMD accepts Aetna and CareCredit.
• SkinMD collects all co-pays, deductibles, and co- insurance on the date of service. Our contract with your insurance plan states that we will collect these fees from you. We ask that you supply us your credit card information, so that we may charge these fees once your insurance claim has been processed and the insurance portion has been paid.
SkinMD accepts Care Credit. CareCredit is here to help you pay for treatments and procedures your insurance doesn’t cover. They offer No Interest* and low monthly payment options, no up-front costs, no pre-payment penalties and no annual fees so you can get what you want when you want it.
CareCredit is accepted by over 100,000 providers and is the nation’s leading patient financing program. For more information, visit carecredit.com or contact our office.