Welcoming New Patients
Your first visit to SkinMD involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You’ll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more.
There’s also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures. You can also save some time by printing out and completing the patient forms in advance of your appointment.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in dermatology. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
Preparing For Your Appointment
What To Expect
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It will also help alleviate any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling prior to your first appointment. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
MON – THUR: 07:00 AM – 04:30 PM
FRI: 08:00 AM – 12:00 PM
SAT & SUN: Closed
P: (615) 279-5656
F: (615) 279-5602
Call For Financing Options
Need to cancel but not sure what our policy is? Click below!
Insurance + Payments
SkinMD works with various insurance companies and will bill them directly for services that are covered by your plan. We ask that our patients verify that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for their insurance plans and obtain referrals, if required, prior to your appointment. Patients will be responsible for payment of co- pays and deductibles at the time of their visit.
Unfortunately, we DO NOT accept Medicaid, TNCare, Blue Care, AARP, Amerigroup, and United Healthcare (Community Plan).
THE FOLLOWING TIPS WILL ASSIST YOU WITH INSURANCE INFORMATION:
• It is your responsibility to verify your benefits and con rm that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for your insurance plan. You may need to call the number on the back of your card directly to verify, as the website listing may be out of date.
• If a referral from your PCP is required, please verify that it has been sent by your PCP at least three days prior to your appointment. If your insurance card has your PCP’s name listed, it is more than likely that a referral will be required. If you still would like to be seen without a referral, you must assume full financial responsibility for the charges incurred on the day of your visit.
• Please bring a copy of your current insurance card to each visit.
• SkinMD accepts Aetna and CareCredit.
• SkinMD collects all co-pays, deductibles, and co- insurance on the date of service. Our contract with your insurance plan states that we will collect these fees from you. We ask that you supply us your credit card information, so that we may charge these fees once your insurance claim has been processed and the insurance portion has been paid.
CareCredit is here to help you pay for treatments and procedures your insurance doesn’t cover. They offer No Interest* and low monthly payment options, no up-front costs, no pre-payment penalties and no annual fees so you can get what you want when you want it.
CareCredit is accepted by over 100,000 providers and is the nation’s leading patient financing program. For more information, visit carecredit.com or contact our office.