Insurance + Payment Policies
As of May 16, 2019, the health care providers at Skin MD will no longer be participating in commercial insurance plans. We will be a direct-pay practice. We WILL continue to accept Government-Issued insurance policies (Medicare/Tricare). That means that you pay cash for your visit (see below fee schedule) if you have commercial insurance. We will require payment for our services prior to your appointment: New Patients: $150 and Returning Patients: $100.
At the conclusion of your appointment, any remaining balance will need to be paid in-full. We will provide you with a completed HCFA form with all the necessary information for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement at their rates. If you HAVE met your deductible, your insurance company will reimburse you at their rate. If you HAVE NOT met your deducible, your payment will be applied toward your deductible.
THE FOLLOWING TIPS WILL ASSIST YOU WITH INSURANCE INFORMATION:
• It is your responsibility to verify your benefits and con rm that Dr. Jacobson is a provider for your insurance plan. You may need to call the number on the back of your card directly to verify, as the website listing may be out of date.
• If a referral from your PCP is required, please verify that it has been sent by your PCP at least three days prior to your appointment. If your insurance card has your PCP’s name listed, it is more than likely that a referral will be required. If you still would like to be seen without a referral, you must assume full financial responsibility for the charges incurred on the day of your visit.
• Please bring a copy of your current insurance card to each visit.
• SkinMD accepts Aetna and CareCredit.
• SkinMD collects all co-pays, deductibles, and co- insurance on the date of service. Our contract with your insurance plan states that we will collect these fees from you. We ask that you supply us your credit card information, so that we may charge these fees once your insurance claim has been processed and the insurance portion has been paid.
Your appointment is reserved especially for you. We value your business and ask that you respect our scheduling policies. Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance. We recognize the time of our clients and staff is valuable and have implemented this policy for this reason. When you miss an appointment with us, we not only lose your business, but also the potential business of other clients who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. When you schedule your appointment with us, you are agreeing to these policies. All services require a credit card to guarantee a reservation so please have your credit card ready when booking. You will not be billed unless there is a cancellation or no show. Upon checkout, guests may choose their method of payment.
SkinMD requires a 24-hour notice for any medical/surgical dermatology appointment cancellations. Failure to call 24 hours in advance or not showing up for a medical/surgical dermatology appointment will result in a $75 fee.
SkinMD requires a 24-hour notice for any cosmetic/aesthetic appointment cancellations Clients who fail to cancel 24 hours in advance or miss their appointments, will be charged in full for their scheduled service. If the appointment is for dermal filler, neurotoxins, sclerotherapy, or laser treatment, you will be charged a standard fee of $100